Post Office

In 1873 Samuel Rose built the Post and Telegraph Office after the completion of the telegraph line which ran from Perth to Bunbury and Busselton. The office was entered from Queen Street and was completely separate to the Courthouse operating until 1898 when new premises were built in Prince Street opposite the then Railway Station. During restorations in the 1980ā€™s a connecting doorway was built from the Post Office into the Magistrates Retiring Room.

magnifiercross